View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 08:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am sorry to hear about your most recent injury! From what I have read here before, there are potentially many times that people may have concussed themselves previously without even knowing it. (example: your car accident?)

I understand how you feel about your dad. My family had trouble adjusting to the fact that I look normal and ambulatory, but there are some serious issues! Take the time you need to heal; and depending on how you feel after your first week, you may need more time. I tried to rush back to work (I gave in to what those around me said about being just fine) and ended up collapsing and then had to take 6 weeks off.

Not trying to scare you, but definitely take your time. Brains are strange things to say the least, and every injury is different.

I cant remember the links but there are good ones for your family to watch (Mark has posted the links before in the thread started by village crest).

Good luck! Welcome to the forum
March 2007, Oct. 2007, and Jan 2012 concussions sustained in martial arts/police academy training; suffering from PCS symptoms of fatigue/exertion problems,tinnitus,dizziness, overstimulation issues, photophobia. Also suffer from PTSD.

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day.
2 Corinthians 4:16
Dolfinwolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote