View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 08:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Hi there

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperShoes View Post
Hello everyone, this is my first post on here Apologies if these things have been asked before!

6 days ago my horse kneed my badly in the head, at the time I didn't black out or vomit but I felt very sick and dizzy. After sitting down for 20 minutes I made it to my feet but told people I felt 'drunk' and found it difficult to hold conversations.

I thought I just had been a bit banged up but when my headaches didn't go away I went to the walk in centre. They were too busy to see me before closing time so I went home.

Went back to the walk-in centre Tuesday morning, they sent me to A&E as they thought I needed observation.

Went to A&E, they thought I had fractured my neck, cue neck brace and neck x-rays thankfully they were all clear and I was sent on my way with a diagnosis of concussion and a.....leaflet

My symptoms however have not improved greatly. I still get throbbing headaches, particularly at the back of my headaches, feelings of nausea, my vision doubles when I look to the left and right, I cannot deal well with loud noises, smells or bright light. I often slur my speech and struggle to hold a conversation. I also get headaches from watching TV/trying to read etc. Yesterday in the bath my vision started to blur and I couldn't even read the writing on the shampoo bottles. I went to the doctors on Thursday who signed me off work for a week.

I feel very confused and I'm worried if I am sent for a scan, it will just show no bleeding in the brain and I'll be told to rest further?

What should I be expecting in terms of recovery? Everyone is different but is it usually a slow and 1 step forwards 2 steps back type of thing?

Cookies if you got this far

I have depression and anxiety issues as it is

Hi it is nice to meet you. I suffered severe brain injury due to a car accident. I tell you I spent three months in brain injury unit and over a month in a nursing home. But I did recover fully (or about 90%), this was back in 1998. Today I have degenerative disc disease and Multiple Sclerosis. Please get checked and get an MRI. I have had several MRI's and they found nine brain lesions. I know it is scary and you are afraid to hear the worst, but if there is something drastically wrong, let them help you. I also go to a therapist for depression due to my health. Honey, there is so much help out there and now I just got approved for disability. What a blessing. It is not that I don't want to work, it is that I can't do the job I did for 27 years. I pray you get the tests and help you need. I am here for you, my name is Julie. Please, write and tell me how you are doing.
julnjer007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote