View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 09:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks for the tips

Hey, I appreciate the tips. As a direct result, I've vowed to cut out caffeine and take those Vits. I've also read the neurostimulator thread.

I must say at the PNS thread I found it tough going to glean useful information from all the hugs-n-fluff I can do without. (One instance where a poster pleads with the other posters not to call with their sympathy, as that only makes it worse ... heh, now, THAT I can relate to.) Officiousness, mothering, and a general descent into "misery loves company" on these threads all but chokes out the matter of value. I propose that cozying up and coddling makes one LESS able to deal with "the dreaded anesthesia dolorosa." Hugs and angels and prayer -- and especially dancing, kissing emoticons -- only distract from the real objective: an end to the pain.

Anyhow, I waded through the goo there till I found my answer: neurostimulation's not for me. When you have to try so hard to convince yourself it's working, and bend to peer pressure and confess it's working, and bow to the neurosurgeon's ego and testify it's working ... it ain't working. It's, like, Gaslight meets the Inquisition.

But posts that share detailed and accurate descriptions of procedures, direct you to online resources, and name the medical institutions and professionals who might make a difference -- THOSE posts I'm all over.

Anyhow, thanks for the hard information. I appreciate it!
*Dena is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (06-11-2012)