Thread: Vision Question
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 11:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm one week into vision therapy for a vision convergence insufficiency. Basically my eyes don't work together properly at a close range, about arms length. This explains why I get my worst headaches while on the computer or reading. It's more about using my eyes when reading and using applications than viewing because I can watch a movie on my PC or watch TV with no issues. The strain on the eyes while concentrating(eyeball convergence) causes bad headaches if I don't take frequent breaks and limit computer or reading time. I even use f.lux, Workrave, and dim the hell out my monitor and still am plagued.

I don't see improvement just yet with the therapy as I'm only a week into it but I'm hopeful. I'm supposed to do it for three months. The exercises I do consist of converging my eyes to make two transparent cards with circles in the middle appear as three. Then, moving them about, tromboning them, and shifting my focus from the cards to other objects in the room and then back to them. Next, I do brock string exercises. Basically, three beads each at a different position on a ten foot rope. At eye level, you look down the rope and attempt to split the rope into two views creating a "V" shape intersecting at each of the beads. The closer the beads, the harder it is for me to do this. Also you shift your focus from objects in the room back to the beads etc. Youtube has some brock string instructional videos if your interested. I also have some software with some eye training games but I'm not supposed to start using it until week three.

Definitely try to go with a vision therapist from Eowyn's link. I went to a vision therapist that I Googled last November and he just stuck me with some expensive +.75 reading glasses and clueless advice.

__________________________________________________ ____
10 months PCS from mTBI. Chronic daily headaches. Frontal and occipital.
TooStressed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
wakey (06-11-2012)