View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 11:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Is this still PCS ?

Hi, I can relate to how you are feeling. I've had PCS for nearly 17 mos, and the pressure in my head is my main symptom. It comes on when I exercise, with stress, with anxiety, etc. Prior to my fall on ice, I changed careers to a personal trainer. So it has been very challenging for me. I work part time, but my only form of exercise is 'walking' right now. I can tolerate some light weight lifting with dumbbells. But not much else.

If I overdo it, my symptoms get worse. I also get dizziness (whooziness) at times, and my head/brain feel full or twisted. As well as fatigue.

I have been following this forum for some time now.. and had read about getting your neck checked out, as this could be the cause of some PCS symptoms. My neck has bothered me. So I found an upper cervical chiropractor in my area who specializes in 'Atlas Orthogonal'. She did 3D xrays of my neck, and it showed my Atlas was out. I've been seeing her for a few mos now, but have not been able to keep my atlas in place for more than a few weeks at a time.

My chiro believes once my Atlas is stablized, it will increase the blood flow to my brain, and assist in my healing. I will say that when it is out, and my chiro resets it, my symptoms feel better. So perhaps you should check out a upper cervical chiropractor in your area. Your neck may be the source, or at least a contributor to your symptoms.

In addition to the weekly visits to the chiro, I currently see a cranial sacral therapist monthly (which gives me some relief). And also have energy healing work done. I'm always trying to stay positive, and to be in a place of acceptance and gratitiude for where I am today.
steph e. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dolfinwolf (06-11-2012), Valleybob (06-11-2012)