View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 02:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Oh goody gumdrops!

A new series, thank you Chris, I'm going to see if I can get it on Netflix. Our children were teens when Monty Python began on PBS, and we LOVED them - we still do. Our son, Lars, can still recite great chunks of the shows. Our 12 yr old grandson, Peter, got the DVD collection for Christmas, and is quoting chunks of them now, too.
And I love the Monty Python films, flawed though they are, they're brilliant. Life of Brian:"Blessed are the Cheese Makers." And King Arthur: "Brave Sir Robin." And the dinner party that is crashed by Death in The Meaning of Life.
Terry Jones is my favorite too. I see him sitting at a piano, in his bare nothing except for socks, sweetly smiling at the camera over his shoulder. His "Crusades", scholarly and historically perfect, are wonderful too.
I also like Terry Gilliams' films, Time Bandits, Brazil and Munchhausen.
The Young Ones - wow Teresa, you watched The Young Ones too - now there is zany humor.... Lars and I thought they were hilarious, the rest of the family thought they were awful. I even have them on tape.......
Thank goodness for the people who make us laugh.
This week end we visited friends in Washington DC, and got a tour of the city by 'natives'. It was raining too hard to get out of the car, but we could still see how impressive the city is, and how beautiful.
Alexandria was a lovely surprise, with Federal houses and cobblestone streets.
The edge of the NorEaster is shaking the trees and rattling the windows. We are fortunate not to have snow.
birte
BEMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote