Thread: Retirement
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default comment on insurances

I also want to state that there are other insurance and retirement issues that burden the senior population. I did pay into the SS system for all my working years. Unfortuantely I was one of the folks who could not get health insurance at all. It was not offered to me anywhere as I had pre-existing conditions. Just where did my contribution to SS go? I was left a home in a trust. Because of how little I receive, not only did I loose everthing I had, but I am now loosing the one thing I do have my home. All this happened because of no insurance at all. Our country is in trouble for many people, and I think it is sad to see that all our years of working amount to nothing. I regret paying anything into the system all those years as what I received for my disability which I had to take early, does not amount to enough to live on. Folks are being forced to poverty over health conditions and poor insurance practices. I feel bad for everyone who find themselves paying for high health care or None. My son thinks that he will never get to retire at all. The system in broken, and our government is too wrapped up in fighting to do anything constructive at all. It doesn't matter what party we come from. all Americans are in trouble, regarding insurance and health care. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
aussiemom (06-11-2012), barb02 (06-11-2012), Riverwild (06-13-2012), SallyC (06-11-2012)