View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 08:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thor,
Welcome to the forum. Feel free to look around, ask questions, rant or vent. We are all here and have experienced the pain of RSD. There are many treatment options, medicine options and alternative options to try alleviate part or all of the pain.

Some of us are at different stages with our disease, but with each others support we all have been encouraged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenerthor1971 View Post
[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"]
Hi there,
My name is Thor & I live in North-Central Massachusetts with the love of my life; Kevin. We've been together for 11 years now, & I {stumbled} on this site & instantly found that I had information that nobody offered me before! I thought I'd introduce myself so that--if Thor happens to say anything that is confusing via a Thread/Reply or Chat--I can have somewhere to say, my story is here! My highlights could easily fill volumes, but I've condensed it to the best of my ability.

I have been experiencing stabbing pain in my Left knee which recently descended into a whole collection of effects, worsening pain--though always "Through the roof" agonizing. With the pain, my major-depression has spiraled out of control, seemingly affecting a large portion of my capability to understand & form coherent sentences the way I once could, particularly with my Angel, which is more painful & confusing, then the physical pain that killing me more than the physical pain! For background, I've now been battling HIV-related major-depression--which {WAS} under control before THIS physical pain. Now, however, that is overwhelming that control.

The orthopedic surgeon that we were referred to thru BWH in Boston explained that I likely have RSDS as opposed to anything related to the joint/bone. It is always worse with movement, though it DOES hurt all of the time, in spite of unheard of amounts of the last available narcotic that I know of, after having either been allergic or maxed out on dosages. To help alleviate some of the exuding depression/angst/couples issues, we're both seeing a therapist & we share a couple's therapist as well. In spite of this intervention----seems like I'm dying from the disassociation of the pain & how it's affecting even the simple pleasures, eating, drinking, talking to friends has all become difficult as hell. I think, if the pain can, somehow, be dulled; we both believe that--along with an increase in one of my anti-depressants will help!

I wonder if this type of disorder is really common in avascular necrosis scenarios, & am I alone w/ this "un-viewable" feeling & is the pain ever going to be manageable? {those are a couple of questions I have!} But, MOST IMPORTANT TO US {are] OPTIONS.

Yours,
Thor {For us both too!}

GOD help me be faithful in the midst of my suffering. Alt1268
alt1268 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (06-16-2012)