View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 01:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
i dont know why your pulmonary doctor told you your results were normal. anything below 80% of predicted is below normal. Both your fev1 and fev/fvc ratio are significantly below 80%. 59% and 73% respectively. 59 % is moderately obstructed as i wrote before. shortness of breath is a common symptom with this number. an fev1/fvc ratio below 70% is a basis for a diagnosis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. you are inching closer to that number, maybe he or she means that you arent there yet for a firm diagnosis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease but you are definitely not normal and are obstructed.

i have chronic bronchitis and asthma (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease /reactive airway disease) since 2001. i also have numerous nodules on my lungs which i have to keep track of via cat scans to make sure they arent growing.
if you have insurance, i would ask for a prescription for a nebulizer for home for those times you are short of breath. it has saved me from many a scary and uncomfortable experience not to mention trips to the Emergency room.
Thank you echoes.
I find it odd beçause I don't have cough, colds and the wheezing comes on very rarely. All along I thought it just to be stress. I never had the kind of attack I used to have when I had the asthma when I was younger. Oh my, with all the neurological pain and shortness of breath with in between bloating and constant arthritic pain, I don't know where to put myself.

Do u think symbicort is a wise thing to do considering my nerve problems?
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote