View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 06:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I couldn't agree more with your pro and con beliefs.

There are so many I could relate to aspergers, I wouldn't know where to begin.

I'd say this would apply to both my childhood and adulthood...

I've heard many new wives or mothers saying how 'lonely' they feel. I haven't felt lonely for a second since my husband and I got together. When you're used to weeks and months and years of isolation (other than when you manage to force yourself on a person reluctant to acknowledge you, but just being 'nice') seeing someone every single day, wow! That's a heck of a lot of company. He drives a truck, I'm sort of an out of sight out of mind gal. Not so much with the kids though, cause you know, they're more fragile and whatnot. And that's another thing, kids - talk about NOT having lonliness. I realize a kid isn't the same as an adult for companionship, but it's a hell of a step up from a fish!

So, my pro and con, was lonliness....I had a lot more of it due to no family or friends, and there were many years (high school years) it was more mental torture than a prisoner would even get. But, now that I have companionship, I am fulfilled far easier than perhaps someone that was popular in high school for whom two screaming kids and an ocd husband might be a bad thing.

Actually, I remember complaining to myself and here about TOO much companionship, not enough alone time quite a bit. Then, one thanksgiving maybe 4 years ago, I had to drive out to get something. While on the road, I saw all these people in their cars, also driving alone...I presume to relatives houses. I felt SICK. It hit me, that the reason I so crave more time alone, is cause I don't have it and have the security of knowing I was driving back to my family. I don't really think I've wanted to be alone a lot like I did, since. I think, "how would you like to have it like it was, single, no kids, fish and birds". Nope.

Ok, so my pro and con answer is lonliness.
Milivica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote