View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 05:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I hate that you are going through what many of us have had to. Most practitioners are ignorant in regards to TOS. I was lucky I have a good PPO insurance (CIGNA) and their website has a great search tool to show me who was in and out of network.

My neurologist was not experienced with TOS but he and another neurologist researched what to look for on the EMG (C8-T1 anomalies). I was able to gather all of my imaging and EMG results and start seeing vascular surgeons with TOS expertise. I started my search using google and then this list: http://surgery.wustl.edu/TOS_Consortium.aspx

Educate yourself on TOS and select your practitioners wisely. Find people who know more than you do. If you feel you know more...run in the opposite direction in regards to treatment. My neurologist is still my pain management doctor, but does not directly treat my TOS (nor did he attempt to do so).

I am blessed to have had successful bilateral rib resections and scalenotomies...as well as an experienced group of therapists to properly treat me.

Shout outs to www.niren-angle.com and www.andoaston.com

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11

nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote