View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 06:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks all for the response. I always felt that you had to get the best possilbe medical treatment possible. If you don't like one doctor for whatever reason, then my attitude is NEXT.

I have been to doctors who have TOP NOTCH rankings; education etc. But when it came to communication and them listening answering questions they ranked a big ZERO.

It got to the point that some doctors walk in the door and my hunches kick in and say uh-oh.

But then on the other hand I have been lucky in that some of my other doctors are the greatest. They have gone to bat for me when needed to the point that I feel literally that they have saved my life.

One quick reason on why I feel being pro-active is so important. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease in 1994. Got a 2nd opinion and confirmed the diagnosis.

April of 1997 while consulting for surgery on my spine I was seen for a neuro consult and was told I don't have Parkinson's Disease. I was misdiagnosed and by that point I was on 3 heavy duty anti-Parkinson's medication. Since that time my attitude changed and began looking at things a lot differntly. So if people question me why I am always searching for answers, questioning doctors and yes suspicious at times and not trusting that is the reason.

Thanks again all for your words; your input and your support.

Allan
pebblebeach2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (06-13-2012), ger715 (06-12-2012)