View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 08:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
i dont know why your pulmonary doctor told you your results were normal. anything below 80% of predicted is below normal. Both your fev1 and fev/fvc ratio are significantly below 80%. 59% and 73% respectively. 59 % is moderately obstructed as i wrote before. shortness of breath is a common symptom with this number. an fev1/fvc ratio below 70% is a basis for a diagnosis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. you are inching closer to that number, maybe he or she means that you arent there yet for a firm diagnosis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease but you are definitely not normal and are obstructed.

i have chronic bronchitis and asthma (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease /reactive airway disease) since 2001. i also have numerous nodules on my lungs which i have to keep track of via cat scans to make sure they arent growing.
if you have insurance, i would ask for a prescription for a nebulizer for home for those times you are short of breath. it has saved me from many a scary and uncomfortable experience not to mention trips to the Emergency room.
The doctor saw 2 small scars in one of my lungs. he said it may have been from the ileocecal T.B. i had in 2000. I will have another CT scan when I get the schedule.
Are there certain exercise that we can do to prevent the progression? or supplements or food?

Thank you echoes!
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote