View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 07:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Angry Always about the headaches or depression?

Hi there,

So, I went to a new neurologist within the same practice as my old one yesterday. Things went as expected. Its always all about my head?! Fist question how often do you get headaches? Well about everyday but.... Where are the headaches? What stops them? What makes them worse? What kind of pain is it? (Mind you when he first started I told him my head wasn't too bad it was everything else. But he insisted we start with the headaches. My whole family has a history of migrains so yes I get headaches but they don't even get up to a level of 6 most days!!! I'm so frustrated with this blind single. Minded so called doctors!? I get they specialize in the head but there's a lot more to the "head" then just the exterior pain....hmmmm, like the brain and how its functioning!
Then of course I get the whole are you depressed? No I'm not "depressed" I'm frustrated with the fact that I hate going out with friends couse when I talk I make no sense and I can't ever follow what they say. But I love my life I have a fun job that only requires minimal work in a field I love. Yes I can only work PT but my bf and friend whom I live with are very supportive. Like really? I'm so sick of the same stuff every time!
Another thing that gets to me is he did a small and I mean small cognitive eval he asked me to remember 3 words then tested my reflexes then asked me to spell world backwards..."Dlorw" ha not! Then I try to think of how to spell it forwards so I can spell it backwards and I completly forgot how to spell it altogether?! But anyway. At the endd of the visit he started talking about meds to help my headaches. First was topomax which can have a poor effect on the memory....I stopped him right there. I told him that my headaches arent the real issue here that my memory loss, inability to focus, poor balance were the problems so he decided to go with gapatine/neurontin (sorry for the wrong spelling) and then at last minute decided to send me for an MRI and TBI/cognitive eval at kessler. Well finally thank you! But of course he has to add in that it is only. To figure out if there is something wrong or if I'm just depressed. So we call kessler where my Mom works and the docs now a bit about me and my history and they say that I need a full tbi, neuropsych. And cognitive eval. Finally! Sorry for running on about this but I'm so fed up with them!
22 year old college student and former college athlete suffering from memory loss, lack of concentration, confusion, loss of balance, mood changes, frequent head aches, noise sensitivity, and more due to multiple concussions. Last recorded in August 2011 during a soccer practice while doing a heading drill. No longer allowed to play soccer or any other competitve sport because the risk of another concussion is too great. Also suffering from Fibromyalgia, diagnosed in 2006 chronic pain, fatigue, irritability.

Last edited by Jaystar89; 06-13-2012 at 07:56 AM. Reason: mistype
Jaystar89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote