View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 11:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I understand the frustration with the doc's obsession with depression. I will admit to being depressed, it sucks when your life changes dramatically and you have to deal with pain and confusion etc.

My doc (GP) tried to explain it that they couldn't do much about many of my symptoms, but they could treat the depression. I said no thanks to the drugs, I tried 2 different antidepressants (Citalopram & Venlafaxine) years ago (during a difficult life transition) and they were a big mistake and made me feel awful. Made an already difficult situation much, much worse.

He also tried to argue that if you're depressed you're not getting the rest you need for your brain to heal. Well... I have no problem getting lots of rest (except for my rash that keeps me up sometimes... fix THAT! I say to him!!) and really am wary about taking pills period.

During my last appointment, he was very pushy about the drugs and with my "filter" being broken I just said "no, I'm not taking the drugs and I want you to shut up about them"... oops.

I'm hoping that when I go to the brain injury rehab clinic in July that they have something more to offer than just drugs. I would be very disappointed.

Best of luck & congrats on getting your referral, I hope they are able to help!
Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dolfinwolf (06-13-2012)