View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 12:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello, Congratulations on your approval. I know how rewarding the feeling is. Especially to when you are in need of the help. Some people dont understand this.

From my experience, we got a phone call from the local SS office who will determine the amount you will receive.

I JUST did a blog post on this.

They will determine your need. If we got the call on Monday, we had our check on Wednesday for first amount.

The problem with SS is that EVERY case is different depending on the caseload at local office.

If you have been approved through, you can go to the local office. But beware, my husband went, and they cancelled all the rest of his checks.

For example we were getting monthly amount and they after he left the local office a few days later, we got a letter saying we were no longer getting monthly amount.

In my opinion they "looked" into his case, probably because he doesnt "look" disabled.

Just be careful I know you have OCD, but it is my experience now to just sit back, and let it play out.

Stephanie

*edit*

Last edited by Chemar; 06-13-2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: No links allowed for new members as per guidelines
DisabilityDebacle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote