View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 05:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Friedbrain,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having these wicked sz. and jerks. I had the myoclonic sz. for awhile each day when I woke up or when I went to bed the sz. started but then my Epi put me on vimpat 200 mg. a day and the sz. stopped. I can't help but wonder if a lot of your sz. aren't related to hormonal changes it was wicked for me each month but things got better after I went through my change. Start taking Vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day and it's up to you but I would get a 2nd opinion and be sure to see an Epileptologist at an Epilepsy Center instead of seeing a neuro. You should ask them to do a VEEG (video e.e.g.) on you and then the Dr. will be able to see what is really going on. You may be also having what is called audio sz. and that's where certain sounds can trigger sz. for a person. Take note if you hear a high or low pitch sound before any sz. happens, Also if you aren't allergic to peanuts get some natural progesterone cream and put it on your skin this will help reduce your sz. during your monthly cycle. I had to put it on 5 days before my period and it reduced my sz. a lot. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote