View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 08:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome!
I had the droopy eyelid, only in the evening when especially tired for years. I have been accused of giving people "that look" because the opposite eyebrow arches much higher than the other one at certain times.
I am also going through the diagnosis process, but neuro seems to think I have MG.
I have not had any double vision except for when I try to watch TV while laying down.
Hope you get it all figure out right away.
Linda
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiemon View Post
I apologize for just popping in here, but I've been doing some unfortunate internet research while I'm doing through some testing. About six months ago I developed double vision. At the time it was only first thing in the morning and again in the evening when I got tired. I'm 33, work full time and have three children, so being busy, I thought nothing of it as it cleared up as the day went on. About a week ago, the double vision got much more severe and lasts almost all day. I can see okay if I only use one eye and cover the other one. Driving was scarey and I'm now carpooling.

When I went into the eye doctor, the first thing he said was "You have a droopy eyelid!" I have on and off for years, only noticable when I"m tired. My husband jokingly calls it my "squinty eye"

No other symptoms really, I get tired but I drink a lot of coffee. During PMS I get exceptionally tired, but I can function.

The eye doctor did several tests on me and is referring me to a neurologist. I met with my PCP and she ordered some bloodwork to look for deficencies but nothing was found. I have an MRI tomorrow and a neurologist appointment on Monday.

Do people with MG have the droopy eyelid for awhile before diagnosis, or does it come on suddenly? Again, I'm sorry for just popping on here, just curious.
limpy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote