View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 11:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Just in response:

QUOTE=InHisHands;51136]The best study about the outcome of RSD and the advanced stages of RSD has been written by Dr. Poplawski from Canada which was published in 1983. He showed that RSD diagnosed in the first 2 years has a chance of successful treatment in 80% of the patients and after two years each year drops the percentage of the success significantly. From Dr Hooshmand's RSD puzzles (puzzle #057~ "The Stages and Outcome of RSD")...

It seems to me that if you are a) young or b) diagnosed early along you will usually recover.

I am young, so I am hopeful that I will recover from RSD. I was just looking for other people's sucess stories, so they could tell me what they did to recover.

RSD puzzle#022-
Possible Timelines Of RSD Recovery

"Will RSD always be with you even if you recover from an original injury?

If RSD is treated early and properly, it will not hang around forever. It will definitely improve and in better than 80% of the cases when treated in the first 6 months it completely cleared up. After two years the percentage of success drops precipitously. The main exception is among children and teenagers. In this group there is such a strong recovery power that the prognosis is usually excellent and it is hard to mess them up with improper treatment with these patients the sympathetic dysfunction after successful treatment becomes asymptomatic. On can always pick the abnormalities up on thermography or in occasional cases on bone scan tests in a patient who is otherwise asymptomatic, but these tests show sympathetic dysfunction. The sympathetic dysfunction alone is not the same as RSD (Please see RSD Puzzle #1 "What is RSD").

H.Hooshmand, M.D.

I guess I just wanted to add to these statements: I was in my mid 30's when I was hit with this disease after surgery. It was so hard and fast that I woke up from surgery with some symptoms and all symptoms were out with in 2 weeks and there was no other diagnosis from any doctor other then RSD. Since I had no idea what the heck it was I listened to the doctors and did and went everywhere to get it in remission. To my dismay, it has stayed in play and has spread continually throughout the years. The one thing I have learned is that nobody can be grouped in a basket with this thing and the researchers have to get more money for their job because just treating the symptoms doesn't fix it. The other idea is that the very doctors that you have to go to should at least know what the heck they are talking abt.
Thanks for listening,
cuffs558
cuffs558 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote