View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 05:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Jo*mar, thats a really helpful response.

I think it has possibly come about from using the computer at work alot. I have sorted my workstation and posture, but it didn't solve the problem.

I do have some scoliosis, with an silght S shape in the middle of my spine. It curves away from the pain side slightly and then back towards it.

The Chiro doesnt use any other treatment on me other than pressing on my neck.

I have been a bit skeptical, Of the 5 treatments I had in March / April. Each time I would go with a bit of pain, and then afterwards have really bad pain. And not notice much difference in between sessions.

So after the 5th one I stopped going. But then a couple of days later I was pain free for 10 days or so.

Is it right for the problem to be aggrevated during treatments, but it gets better in the days after?

I did some self trigger point treatments on Monday and Tuesday, and it definitely aggrevated it, I was in a lot of pain. But then on Wednesday it was a lot better.

It went from 90% painful to 10% painful in one day, which I had never experienced before.

When I press in on my neck muscle I get the sharp pain in my armpit. I asked my partner if I could try it out gently on her, and she got a tingling down her arm. I've never had that.

Does it sound like a trigger point to you? I am worried I am just purely pushing on a nerve which causes the pain. Although pushing in the spot increases the pain I have got, so it must be something related?!

thanks again
danieldunn10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote