View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 06:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome!

Everyone else has already said it all. Good luck with neuro apt. In my case, neuro scheduled a bunch of tests at my first visit - even though I was given a 'clincal' diagnosis of MG right then and there! (I had no dbl vision - but did have ptosis, tiredness, and heavy limbs with activity.)

CAT scan thoracic cavity
MRI brain
TONS of vials of blood for an incredible number of tests
PFT - pulmonary function test

I passed all the tests - nothing conclusive found.

So then there were NCV, EMG, and SFEMG tests ( and even an EEG! because my eyes would 'jitter' / roll for brief moments when I was tired!)

Now I understand the reasons for (most all) the tests...but then I only knew I was pretty freaked out! Just know that they are eliminating stuff at the same time they are considering stuff for your dx.

Once all the nerve tests were back...I had passed them too!! - though the SFEMG was described as 'borderline'. So after all that, my neuro went with the clinical dx of MG. Only after finding this forum have I realized how unusual it is to find a neuro who is willing to think objectively beyond the test results and actually render and treat with only a clinical dx.

Feel free to ask any questions and/or vent about your experiences and you journey through this ... folks here have tons (and wide ranging) experience!!
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote