View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 09:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboncal1972 View Post
thank you so much for you help.. i have a new problem. i went to my pain management doctor today and told him how the surgeon recamended a different pain med for me since the vicodines stopped working. he told me that he doesnt do precscription drugs that he only does the shot into the spine. i thought this was rather odd. he tried to tell me that the surgeon passed me off to him. but what the surgeon told me was to finish my pain management then come back and see him when the doctor couldnt do anything more for me. well the pain man. doctor got mad at me. then i told him about this lump that has started at the base of my neck,.. he then toldme thats from the cortizone shots i was getting inmy lower lumbar and was too much to quickly and that he cant touch my neck till its gone.. then he said since your gonna go with surgery you mind as well do that instead and released me as his patient told me to get into the surgeon as quick as possible gave me a script for percocet 7.5 and told me he wont refill my script. he also told me he only does shots and doesnt handle the med portion of pain management.. is that what hes for i am so confused .. i thought pain management is what is says

That is because there is a mutual disrespect between surgeons and PM docs. It's the rule, not the exception. And ironically, you will find that many PM docs will not issue scripts for narcotics opting for more invasive procedures. Get a new PM doc (unless you are HMO; could be difficult)...

Last edited by Dubious; 06-14-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (06-14-2012)