View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 10:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default leg cramps

Well, from what I've read and heard...very bad leg pain is described by almost all Fibromyalgia sufferers, especially while sleeping. My mother-in-law and my husband both have Fibromyalgia and complain of this all the time! I hope this helps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblebeach2 View Post
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone ever experienced this or not and what they do for it.

For the past 18 years or so, I would get severe leg cramps, mainly the left leg, upper leg area. Rarely the right leg. It would usually occur at night while I am in bed. Can't think that it ever occurred any other time.

The cramping for lack of better words is extremely severel. When it occurs I have major trouble getting out of bed. And when I do I can't straighten my leg and have big time trouble walking. I have to clutch onto the walls or furrniture to get anywhere. It usually lasts about 5 minutes or so. And afterwards sometimes I will have this severe soreness in the leg.

In the beginning it would occur once in a blue moon then nothing for years. But it has been occurring more frequently.

A neighbor of mine years ago had the same thing and said he would drink tonic water since it had quinine in it. It did nothing for me.

It is extremely painful. And as I said it occurs more often now sometimes several times then nothing for months. Can this be related to the neuropathy that I have?

I don't know what to do for it. And I have mentioned this to the doctors but don't much in the way of a response.

Any thoughts.?

Thanks for listening.

Allan
nalakity is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote