View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 01:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Don't think I am not being sympathetic.
I have been through quite a lot myself. It took me 6 years and quite a few neurologists to reach the one I have now.
And it is not that I have fully put behind what I have been through.
It has left some scars which I hope are gradually healing.
It's just that I have learned from my own experience and mistakes.

It is so hard to be faced with disbelief by those who are your co-workers and colleagues. It's not something you expect to happen.
It is hard to understand that it is not disbelief, but their concepts and ordered world which are challenged by your illness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hospital_pharmacist View Post
I always kept in mind that getting hungry in front of doc would confirm their hypothesis about psychiatric illness; the fact is that I usually talk gently with everyone but even the person most patient loses the patience at the end.
I wrote an hard post I know but it was the voice of desolation.
I know that being an healthcare worker put me in a critical side because the docs can think i know enough informations about MG to cheat the same docs telling them symptoms i don't really suffer of.
But what would I earn by this behaviour? I would only harm myself.
The fact that i'm an healthcare worker and that I always work well without damaging the patients is a clear proof I'm mentally healthy.
I will keep looking for a doc who wants to comprehend me and give me an help especially monitoring frequently my blood so that to prevent any kind of damage due to the meds i'm taking.
Thank for suggesting to look for a support group here in Italy but it's not simple; I learnt along the years that Italy is far away from USA even in this field.
However i will try.
Thanks again to everyone
Cristina
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote