Thread: Jaw Pain
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 03:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Jaw Pain

For the past year I have had pain in the lower left jaw (middle tooth and back tooth), and the upper left jaw (back tooth) as well as the area under the lower teeth. Nothing showed on x-ray (or dental CT scan) for months. I finally had the upper tooth pulled; 2 months later the middle lower tooth pulled (thereby losing the bridge), and a month later the back tooth. I now have no teeth behind the eye tooth and am still in alot of pain. An ENT thought I had a stone in my salivary gland, but surgery where a scope was inserted into the duct proved otherwise. I want to know if you have ever heard of jaw bone infection (not shown on x-ray) in patients who had bad teeth, vast dental work including root canals and infections over the years (the middle tooth was finally infected before it was taken out). I have heard of this from several sources and the jaw bone had to be scraped down past the infection since it seems extremely difficlult to clear an infection of the bone. HELP! By the way, the upper two back molars (in front of the one that was pulled in January) hurt too although I do get referral pain and have no way of knowing if that's what it is. Nothing shows on x-rays for any of this. THANKS!
SalinaYatis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote