View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 04:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
From my experience, misuse of inhalers is very common.

The 160 strength of Symbicort is the stronger one too.

I think her doctor gets the Aerochambers as samples, to help prevent thrush and other side effects.

The aerosolized drugs are suspended in the air, and if you inhale well, you get them properly. But Idiopathic claims shortness of breath, so maybe her doctor suspects she cannot do it in one breath?

I find this doctor to be quite helpful and professional, and concerned to provide the Aerochamber, under these circumstances. Most doctors don't give a hoot!
I was looking at the website of the Symbicort and the 160/4.5 is actually for COPD. If I am not mistaken, there is another product of Symbicort which is for asthma.

The doctor mentioned that I should clean my mouth after inhalation to avoid the thrush.

Actually, it was my husband who noticed that the doctor and his Physician Assistant were thorough in their examinations/questions. I waited for 2 hours, but its worth the try. I was just a little disappointed with the technician operating the machine for the PFT. He lacks enthusiasm in encouraging the patient to perform better. In my first 2 experiences with PFT, the technicians were so enthusiastic and so motivational to patients. I remember, they also gave me another try for a particular stage of the test to get a better result.

Thank you Mrs.D
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (06-14-2012)