View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 04:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Try Alexander technique.

Hi everyone, thanks for all your messages.

I have been hoping to hear about a referral to the next peripheral nerve injury clinic. No hope, and 8th May was the last I heard anything. I have no control over my appointments and I find the whole thing so frustrating. I am just having extra Alexander technique lessons, and am looking to train as a practitioner. It gives me a huge amount of relief. However, I still wake with pins and needles. Am always tired, I don't think I sleep well and go to sleep with pain every night. There are certain things I just don't do,- like carry heavy bags, chop vegetables, type for longer than 10 mins at a time, write for longer than 5 minutes. And about once a week I take codeine to relax the muscles in my neck, but I try not to take too many drugs. I guess I am just used to the pain. It really isn't too strong as long as I have at least one session of Alexander technique a week. I practice stretches every day, and annoy my husband constantly to massage my shoulders. I find if I keep the shoulders dropped and am aware at all times it helps.

I return to Australia from London in september, and I guess the whole process will just have to start again!

Hope everyone is finding easy ways to live and manage the pain.
Thanks again for letting me know it isnt just me.
Best wishes,
Ans
arlsandstrom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote