View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 08:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Pseudotumor Cerebri

Hello all!
My name is Missy and I am a 27 year old single mother of 3 children. I was diagnosed with Psudotumor Cerebri in 2009 but as soon as my doctor mentioned "spinal tap" I got scared and didn't go back. Now I have been having increasing vision problems and am scheduled for a spinal tap 6/18/2012, I am terrified of having one of these done. I am afraid I won't be able to hold still, I am 5'5" and 247 lbs, so I am not a small girl, I know you are supposed to lie on your side in a fetal position and that is not easy for one of my size. I have to have this done though because I am now afraid that because I didn't listen to my doctor in 2009 I have damaged my eyesight. He put on Topamax and Diamox I started them tonight, just hoping they work. When I was first diagnosed I presented with a "whooshing" sound in my right ear that was in tune with my heartbeat and headaches that were horrible. I have dealt with the headaches and tinnitus since then the best I could, but the eye problems I can't deal with. I went to the eye doctor 2 weeks ago and when he took pictures of the back of my eyes he noticed my optic nerves were swollen, especially in my left eye. I am scared that I may have done irreparable damage to my eyes because I was to scared to have a spinal tap done. Hopefully things go well Monday, he is just checking my opening pressure, and then we will decide how to proceed. Nice to meet you all!
Missy513 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote