View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 08:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Not Sure What Happened This Afternoon

As most of you know, I fell off a horse about 16 weeks ago, head first and got quite the concussion. I'm also a hobby farmer, a few laying hens and some goats, that sort of thing.

Anyhow, I have no idea what happened today, but I found myself lying outside the goat shed in the grass. No idea how long I'd been there or what happened that I got there.

I sat up and looked around and all 3 goats were outside their fence grazing, all had halters on. (Obviously I had brought them out to graze.) Also my bandaging supplies were out, one of my goats has a cut on his leg that I've been wrapping. The dirty bandage was there and the goat had a clean one on, so obviously I did that.

I don't know if I tripped and lost consciousness or if I bent over to adjust something and one of them bumped me or if I bent over, got dizzy and went down... I just don't know?

I gathered up the goats, put them back inside the fence, gathered up all my supplies, came in the house and called my husband who made arrangements to come home. I checked my pupils, equal and reactive and sat down in my chair and waited for him to come home.

I fell asleep in the chair since it took him almost an hour to get here (traffic was bad). I've checked all over for signs of bruises or bumps and can't find any, not even on my head. My hat was knocked off, I remember putting it back on.

I don't remember any of the events leading up to this... the changing the bandage, heck, I don't even remember if I ate lunch or not, but there were some dirty dishes in the sink, so I'm assuming I did.

I feel kinda beat up tonight though... my head hurts and I'm quite a bit dizzier than I have been. No idea how long I was out... I can only narrow down the time frame a bit... I posted on another forum around 2pm and I called my husband at 4pm and during that time I did the bandage change and fed the goats (their feeder was full and their water buckets were clean and full) and I took them out to graze... I don't have any neighbours that would've been able to see anything happen, so I guess I'll just never know.

Didn't go to the ER, didn't figure there was any point... if I start vomiting or my pupils go nutty, then I'll go. I was a bit nauseous afterwards, but that passed.

I'm hoping I haven't set myself back or done anymore damage. *sigh* I'm kinda hoping my blood pressure just dropped (I've always been on the low side and have been running even lower since my fall) and I went down.

Frustrating... scary...
Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote