View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 09:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Meldec,

I'm not a doctor, but TN doesn't usually affect the scalp. ON/occipital neuralgia does. I get ear pain with TN, but it is deep inside the ear. I also think there are a couple of other neuralgias that effect the ear, but i'm not experienced in them. Every time I see my ENT or PCP and complain of ear pain, they look in my ears and tell me they are fine and attribute it to TN. If you've had Shingles you could have post herpetic neuralgia that could leave you with nerve damage which equals pain.

Anyway, you've got appointments already made so you need to wait until you see the doctors to get some firm answers as to whats going on with you. I know its easier said than done, but try. Since your already researching your symptoms, its probably a good idea to write down any questions you come accross or any similarities you find in what your reading so the doctors can address any questions you have. Once you've seen the doctor, please post what he/she finds. There are a lot of good people on here with experience and even more support to offer as well.

Take care, ee
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote