View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 06:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Things are really looking up for you Mark. In just a short time you have gone from fearing you had CRPS and being told that additional surgeries would be of no benefit to your arm to real hope!!!!! What a relief that you don't have CRPS and that you now have options.

I to have been blessed with hope. I hope to be back to work in the near future. I have been spending just about eight hours a day conditioning myself.

Now that tDCS has eliminated some of the symptoms that landed me in the wheelchair I have been building up my strength and tolerance for activity. I never would have believed this last January, but now I am tending a vegetable garden!!!!!!!!! Last week I transplanted some sun flowers that I had started in small pots. About 75 of them. I have planted them everywhere I find a space. Sunflowers are so cheerful and tenacious, and start out small but persistently quickly grow despite the heat and scorching sun. They represent my journey from recovering from the devastation cause in my body by the Boston Scientific spinal cord stimulator. Most people do not recover from spinal cord stimulator induced spreads of neuropathic pain and in fact, they become worse over time, losing more function.

Although I would not recommend a spinal cord stimulator to anyone who suffers from CRPS due to the high risk of spread tDCS may be an effective treatment for those CRPS folks who have had developed spreads from stimulators.

My family thinks I am a little nuts. At a family cookout I was being quizzed about why I didn't just plant four or five sunflowers. Didn't want to go there with the whole family so I just said, "because that is how many seeds were in the packets, pass the potato salad please."

Everybody here knows why I did it. Right????????
CRPSjames is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dee (06-24-2012), DejaVu (07-28-2015), ger715 (06-15-2012), Mark56 (06-15-2012)