View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Dale, I have had several neurologist's, since I have moved a couple of times.

My first was at the Univ of South Florida Movement Disorder Center, Tampa, FL. I like Dr. Hauser to a degree...he was my initial dx doc. What I didn't like about him was that he was always in a rush, but the staff were wonderful. He would prefer to be working on his book or doing the lecture circuit.

Then Dr. Zesiewicz..."Dr. Z"...came along intothe USF MDC and I like her a lot.

When I moved to NYS I saw a general practice neurologist. I was accustomed to the usual review of finger tapping, hallway walking, etc., a the MDC. The GPN did none of this...two years...and didn't have as good a grasp on PD. This was obvious to me, since she didn't do the scaling each visit and rarely changed my meds, and never suggested something new on the pharmacy shelves.

Here in PA I go into Baltimore to the Univ of Maryland. My current MD neurologist is great...Lisa Shulman. Empathetic and compassionate, and sees only PD patients. I like her a lot, although the staff could smile a bit more and be in less of an I don't care mood. It is a huge clinic.

Personally, I think anyone with a movement disorder should see ONLY a movement disorder doc, unless it is just to difficult due to distance.

Right now the distance is only about 75 minutes, but it is symptomically difficult for me...I am a symptom-mess when I arrive on the 3rd floor. So, when I think I am going to have a really difficult time, I can drive half way and then take the metro into the city, rather than drive into the city...ugh!!
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote