View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My Peripheral Neuropathy is almost gone. My doctor guides my supplement regime. I take MANY great supplements for my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome that is doing great. I have had it 20 years.

Three years ago on my wedding anniversary, my autonomic nervous system stopped working correctly. A nightmare. An antibiotic started that. Autonomic Neuropathy Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Sydrome-POTS. So I have neuropathy problems for sure.

I have almost gotten rid of the PN. The Autonomic Neuropathy is a huge deal to try to heal, people improve but I have never heard of people never having problems with orthostatic problems again. Same with CFS...you can just get much better.

Anyway, hormone balancing, supplements for my iimmune system and supplements for healing my nerves like Alpha Lipoic Acid, Benfotiamine, fish oil or the myelin, vit D, l Carnitiine and others have been amazing. Also, exercise to increase the oxygen needed to feed the nerves is important. The last thing we found is that cutting sugar down to almost nothing and cutting all bad carbohydrates have made much faster progress. B12 is great and a small amount of b6, but you have to be careful with B6. Testing for B12 and Vit D is important.

I take a lot of antioxidents also food and supplements. They help oxidative stress. Vit E, Vit C, NAC, (I use liposomal glutathione also).

I don't eat fried foods. I eat to heal the nerves. Very good foods like Kale, sea veggies etc help also. I also do not eat gluten.

I have no issues with high blood sugar at all, but the sugar and carbs have been crutial.

Also, staying away from toxins like medicines and other toxins, eating a LOT of fruit and veggies, all organic is important. This is all important for the health of nerves.

Sallysblooms is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (06-15-2012)