Thread: glutathione
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Diego24

Diego24

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
i gave you my opinion and experience plus the results of a controlled study that says it has no more affect than a placebo. i suggest you contact perlmutter if you want to pursue this but i'm not qualified to discuss this matter in anymore depth.

i wasn't taking any meds at the time.

and yes, you can't believe everything that you see on the web. think about it, if it really helped, don't you think every pd'er reading this board who could afford it would be using it?
I am not saying I don't believe you. There has been a clinical trial which resulted to be negative also. I am just a bit wondering about the movie I saw.

Also ... it's not because something didn't prove to be useful in a clinical trial that it is crap. Maybe not enough glutatione entered in the brain, as I heard this product has difficulties crossing the BBB. The guy in the video seems like he has late stage PD. As Reverett once told, PD affects the BBB, so maybe because he is in a late stage his BBB is affected and enough glutatione enters his brain to be effective. People in late stage PD lack a lot of glutathione. Are you late stage, initial stage or in between ?

Anyways, they didn't give up on it. I just saw they are testing a nasal spray in a clinical trial. Who knows ...
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote