View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 06:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Theresa,

You are right....now I remember when I had my discogram they told me not to move they would do all the work....They used some sort of a board and just slid me right onto the bed. That is the only time I ever remember being brought back from surgery though...and I did have to cross my arms one over the other....I am certain they are very careful with us...I think we probably do more harm to our bodies with the log rolls and pulling ourselves up from the bed.

I woke up from sinus surgery sitting up in a chair in the recovery room. I have to say that was really weird...

In truth, I think I probably hurt my shoulders carrying bookbags with papers and books from teaching...and then the constant writing on the chalk boards. My daughter told me her science teacher was just talking about his shoulder surgery in class the other day. Everyone has this preconceived notion that teaching is such an easy job...We sit all day and only work from nine to three...summers off...When in truth, it is a very stressful, taxing job, that is probably responsible for most of my health problems. I taught next to the music room for two years. It was insulated with friable Asbestos. I have pictures of it and called OSHA or the kids would still be breathing it in...The kids would pick it up and throw it at each other...I worry most about that...

8/17/05 - Cervical Fusion - C4-5, 5-6, 6-7 - Anterior and Posterior Fusion with plate in front and rods and screws in the rear - Corpectomy at C-4 and C-5 and microdisectomy at C6-7.

1/4/05 - Lumbar Laminectomy -L3, L4, L5, S1, S2 Obliteration of Tarlov Cyst at S2. Failed surgery!
GJZH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote