View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Cinnamongym,

There is a cyst and infection beyond the root of the tooth because the infection inside of the tooth has proliferated into the bone. The apico will not cure this infection because the source of the infection lives within the microscopic canals that are not accessible. Therefore the cyst will return, the infection will spread and the jawbone will continue to deteriorate. What you will be left with is a large necrotic opening in your jawbone that cannot be repaired. Not to mention the systemic consequences.

Your situation is SO commonly seen with root canaled teeth because there is NO treatment to rid the tooth of the infection.

I hope you give serious consideration to your options.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongym View Post
I went to my regular dentist to get the permanent filling, and he immediately called my endodontist and told me to go back there immediately. They did a CT scan and said I need to have the cyst/infection removed. I assume that's an apico? I haven't seen the CT images, so I don't know how far the infection has spread, but he said I will get a CD with my images next week.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote