View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I agree with Gerald Gluck, Ph.D., LMFT that it is important to properly vet any professional before undergoing therapy.

The problem is there is very inadequate information made available by most professionals.

For example, Google Gerald Gluck, Ph.D., LMTF and try to find a thorough CV. There is paragraphs of his personal claims and work hiistory and where he studied and/or taught, but there are scant references to his training. What is his Ph.D in? What was his Ph.D. Thesis? What specific neurofeedback training has he had and which systems does he use?

Other than BCIA-EEG, his CV shows nothing to compare him to any other BCIA-EEG practitioner. The BCIA-EEG certification does notestablish high credentials. I have found many BCIA-EEG certified practitioners who have no more than a bachelors degree. Some with a Masters in counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy, some a Ed.D. etc.

How is someone supposed to vet a practitioner? Plus, with the volitional and non-volitional neurotherapies both claiming to be neurofeedback, the lines become very blurred.

Please help us understand.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote