View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I agree the PNS thread has many support type of posts this is a support forum.. BUT PLEASE feel free to post your questions about PNS. We will be more then happy to answer them ..and possible save you or others the wading and sifting threw the long thread. .by the way I myself do not believe there is a cure or way to totally end this pain YET . also what helps reduce pain for one person may not work for the next.
I MYSELF DO NOT TRY TO PUT PRESSURE ON ANY FELLOW POSTER TO HAVE THEM CONFESS . I ALSO DO NOT FORCE ANYONE TO POST and I have plenty of contacts that do not post in this forum. I chose not to post doc names as it can look like I favor one doc or am promoting a doc or hosp and I AM NOT. so by others just asking questions they have ..be it what doc or state... you will get a reply and save the time of reading threw the PNS thread.
avoiding the hand holding and hugs here ... sending peace
BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dena View Post
Hey, I appreciate the tips. As a direct result, I've vowed to cut out caffeine and take those Vits. I've also read the neurostimulator thread.

I must say at the PNS thread I found it tough going to glean useful information from all the hugs-n-fluff I can do without. (One instance where a poster pleads with the other posters not to call with their sympathy, as that only makes it worse ... heh, now, THAT I can relate to.) Officiousness, mothering, and a general descent into "misery loves company" on these threads all but chokes out the matter of value. I propose that cozying up and coddling makes one LESS able to deal with "the dreaded anesthesia dolorosa." Hugs and angels and prayer -- and especially dancing, kissing emoticons -- only distract from the real objective: an end to the pain.

Anyhow, I waded through the goo there till I found my answer: neurostimulation's not for me. When you have to try so hard to convince yourself it's working, and bend to peer pressure and confess it's working, and bow to the neurosurgeon's ego and testify it's working ... it ain't working. It's, like, Gaslight meets the Inquisition.

But posts that share detailed and accurate descriptions of procedures, direct you to online resources, and name the medical institutions and professionals who might make a difference -- THOSE posts I'm all over.

Anyhow, thanks for the hard information. I appreciate it!
Burntmarshmallow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote