Old 06-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblebeach2 View Post
For me the issue was NOT what was causing the PN. I was wondering what was going on in the lumbar area. I know that when an MRI was done and we could get somewhat of a Dx that there was spinal stenosis. Now with the rods we can't get a clear picture. Has the stenosis progressed over the years? Is there other issues now occurring? That was my concern on getting a reading or not.

The subject did come up of removing the Harrington Rods so that we could see what was going on. But my neurosurgeon and one other doctor, can't remember which one said removing the rods was not an option. It was way to risky to remove the rods. There was a risk of paralysis in going this route. So that option was automatically illiminated.

Maybe there are no answers. But I guess it's human nature in wanted to know what is going on. I don't like accepting that there may be no answer, but I may have to face reality that it is what it is.
I don't blame you for wanting answers regarding the lumbar area. Not sure what can be done; but it seems almost impossible there is no way to find out what is going on. I'm not in favor of surgery; but the problem can be with the discs, stenosis and if there is any way to stop or limit the progression sounds quite reasonable to want to do all you can to find out what is going on.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote