View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 12:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm with you, Dej. I read all labels. I buy many products at my natural foods co-op. Yes, vinegar is a help, too. I don't know, as you say, how long we will be able to trust products we like. I use Badger Balm ointment on my feet instead of Burt's Bees. Usually avoid anything labeled "natural flavors" because that is used as a euphemism for MSG.
Seventh Generation cleaning products at the natural foods store has been safe for me so far. I use their detergent for dishwasher and clothes washer, but use less in the clothes washer because I add baking soda. And the last rinse has nothing but baking soda. This keeps itchies out of clothes.
Even so-called natural sheets and clothing can come with formalin spray to keep them "smooth"--must be washed before use until odor recedes. It took four washes to get my new "organic" sheets usable, but they sure are pretty, and I needed new sheets badly.
I got them from the Company Store. Much more expensive ones may be bought from Giaim, but I think many things are overpriced at Giaim.
An organic sheet can be actually organic and then sprayed with formalin.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (06-16-2012), Dejibo (06-16-2012), SallyC (06-16-2012)