View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 02:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlorainne View Post
Dr. Thompson made me go on disability leave. So no more working for me. Im starting pt on Thursday. We will see how that goes. Dr T's pt has very specific instructions that my pt is to follow, so hopefully that will keep from hurting too much. I am going to try the pt, but I don't think it can get me where I need to be. Thoughts?

I have been off work a week now and I feel a lot better; the change is amazing. But I have to get back to work eventually. I'm facing the fact that I may have to give up a job I love. I don't know what I'll do if I can't work for Starbucks. I love my job and the insurance and benefits are unbeatable. One day at a time.

My primary care Dr started me on gabapentin. That made me so tired I couldn't function. Does the tiredness get better with time? Or is it time to try so something else?

Thanks,
Jess
I was considering trying that but Dr. Jordan said the fatigue and weight gain might not be worth it so for now I am sticking with Relafan (Anti-inflammatory and Flexeril(muscle relaxant) when I need it. I had to stop working at a job that I loved, its been a year, but with my current physical therapy going so well, I am hoping to get back to it hopefully next fall. If my symptoms come back,then i will consider other medications and then possibly surgery.

Did Dr. T say to try the meds and pt for a while longer before he would recommend surgery?
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote