View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I wasn't sure what "very labor intensive job" meant.

If it is a physically active job then it could be aggravating the existing problems, but it also could have happened on the job , unless she had the disk issues long before she got that job?

If it is a larger size company they should have info on the website or the HR dept to help her if it is a non work related injury.

But if there's a chance it might be work related or maybe even aggravating a pre existing condition?? It might be good to check with a few wc attys just to cover that base.

Most companies have policies that cover illness ro some amount of disability or modified work and wages rules. She has to find out about that stuff before thinking about a lawsuit right away..

Often a lot depends on how long she may have worked there and if she has good standing w/ company..

Many more details would be needed I think to give a better reply as far as a lawsuit or ??

How long has she had the disk issues?
what's her age?
how long at the company?
does the company know she has these disk issues?
sometimes they do try to squeeze out workers w/ ongoing health issues esp if they are getting older...
How large is the business?

these are just a few of the things I can think of...but you may not want to post about those...since the company name is already posted, it could be searched if a case of some kind came up.
"Thanks for this!" says:
doydie (06-16-2012)