View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblebeach2 View Post
For me the issue was NOT what was causing the PN. I was wondering what was going on in the lumbar area.
Yes, I realize that. I was just using PN as an analogy for any condition for which treatment options might not vary much regardless of cause, so pursuing a lot of testing might not make much difference.

The way I understand the situation, you can't get an MRI because of the Harrington Rods. They cannot remove the rods, nor do they even want to attempt further surgery (as I understand you) because the risk is too great. (The only exception might be a life-threatening condition/situation.) Maybe I got that wrong or missed something(?)

Ger remarks
Quote:
I would think there are other ways to determine what is going on in the lumbar area.
If there are, I'm not aware of any. This doesn't necessarily mean a lot because I'm not a doctor. I really hope I'm wrong, but it appears the doctors are stymied as well.

Quote:
I don't like accepting that there may be no answer, but I may have to face reality that it is what it is.
That's what I was trying to get across. I feel the same way about my own spine, and I won't go in to the ten year quest I undertook to find a cause/reason for my chronic cervicogenic/migraine headache complex and where that led (or rather didn't lead).

Actually, I still do look for causes for some of these things, including my PN. The difference from some people is that I don't obsess/stress over it like I've noticed some people do. One thing I've learned from my own journey is that stress(ing) never accomplishes anything, and can be very detrimental. From your posts, I construed that you were (understandably) stressed. Maybe I interpreted that wrong too.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote