View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 10:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Here's the whole kitchen sink....sorry if it redundant

I have neuroma surgery on both of my feet last year. I did this because it was, in my mind, the lesser of two evils. I surely didn't want to buy into the fact that I possibly had Peripheral Neuropathy. Diagonosed originally as idiopathic. Which means that they don't have a clue as to the cause. I had a skin biopsy...negative...EGG (very painful) that too was mostly negative. I had a spinal...that was negative. The neurologist said I had no ankle reflex and that I also have a blood disorder called MGUS (Monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance) this is an abnormal protein in the blood that is usually never discovered unless being testing for some other condition...like PN. It can lead to a form of cancer...but it also can mean nothing. It sure can scare the daylights out of you though when you are referred to an oncologist after the neurologist finds out about your ankle reflex being absent. Mind you....at the time I was 56 years old and 3 to 4 people out of 100 over 50 do test positive for this abnormal protein. Anyway...I live with abnormality....two podiatrists who firmly believed that I didn't have PN. I didn't and still don't have the glove/stocking feeling over my feet...nor do I have symptoms beyond the balls of my feet...or the top of my feet. But, today, after gobbling 1800mgs of neurontin at night...and 75mgs of Lyrica three times a day....my feet burn and ache and I can't wait to get home and take my shoes off. It's funny how the stress of work does seem to exacerbate the pain. Oh well....there ya go. For those that have an identified condition...treatable with surgery and time for healing....God Bless You!!
jakatak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote