View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 01:36 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I've been examined by Joan Ordmundy once. Three times over 5 years by F LaMarr Heyrend, M.D. with the database he developed with Ronald Barrs, Ph.D. and C Dean Simpson .

I have followed Robert Thatcher for years.

I find Len Ochs to be less than open about his research and further struggle with his promotion and use of the term neurofeedback. His system is neurotherapy. He has an FDA exemption but it does not appear he puts an effort into reporting adverse events. I find this troubling. He is very loose with his policing of customers and their claims and promotions.

I have talked with the ROSHI developer and was unimpressed.

I have discussed NFB with Cory Hammond and find some of his claims to be a bit exaggerated. He also does not proactively differentiate volitional vs non-volitional. I have only seen his recent articles referencing LENS.

The neurotherapy community needs to be more proactive with the use of terminology (volitional vs non-volitional, LENS, ROSHI). I have read the newsletters of the associations trying to piggyback non-volitional neurotherapy onto historical biofeedback and volitional neurofeedback.

Every time neurofeedback or neurotherapy is mentioned, there are too many questions left unanswered.

BCIA and ISNR have a big hill to climb to clear up the muck.

With consistent definitions and terms, the client/patient community will be better able to vet prospective practitioners.

Maybe you can be part of the solution to this mess.

Until then, adverse events will go unreported and inept practitioners will continue to fleece and injure patients.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AeroDan (08-08-2019)