View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 06:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello again ~ When you spoke of your therapist, you mentioned "they." Do you have more than one? I certainly hope not, as that wouldn't be very therapeutic. It would be hard to connect to a particular therapist and to really trust him/her if you didn't see the same one each time. Do you see the same therapist each session?

I'm sorry you're having to have surgery. I certainly hope it's not a serious surgery and that you won't be laid up for a long time! Please let me know when your surgery is scheduled, ok? I don't want to worry that you've disappeared for a time -- otherwise, I'll have people out looking for you! LOL

I think it's great that your friend has set you up with someone! I'm sure he found a lady that he thought would be appropriate for you! Just be yourself -- and don't worry about it. You're a well spoken young man, and you don't want to try to be someone you aren't. That's too much work and it just doesn't work anyway. She'll like you just the way you are!

I know that I am the cause of many of my lapses into awful depressions too. I tend to relapse occasionally, even on my medications, although not as severely as when I'm NOT on medication. I don't know WHY I do that to myself -- I'm sure it has to do with my childhood AND adulthood. Perhaps it's lack of affection as a child (I had none) and maybe guilt as an adult (horrible 1st marriage). There are probably hundreds of reasons. I'd drive myself crazy trying to figure it out. LOL I guess the reason isn't really important. The fact is, I relapse and I have to get myself OUT of it. And I usually do, either by distracting myself, taking a nap, talking to someone, or just waiting it out and trying to think about something else.

Anyway -- I hope your date goes well, but more importantly I hope your SURGERY goes well! Again, please let me know when it's scheduled, ok? Take care & God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote