View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 11:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help swollen cerebellum Recovery?? / Guillain-Barré syndrome

Hi

Im sort of looking for support/advice? My little one has baffled all the experts so Im pretty much grasping at straws, but every little bit of info helps!!

my 3 year old daughter was taken in to hospital 2/3 weeks ago now, We first thought it was meningitis, then Encephalitis then Guillain-Barré syndrome however she has many of the symptoms but nothing fits exactly!!

She basically had a sickness, then went really floppy and then had some seizures (the very short version!!)

ALL the scans and tests have been done twice and would show a child in perfect health! However when you SEE her, she clearly is NOT.

She was pretty much paralized but in the 2 weeks she has now moved on to rolling around and grabbing with hands (although its wobbly!!)

sitting/ standing and head holding are still missing. The only thing the doctors CAN find is a swollen cerebellum, Has any one every HAD a swollen C.bellum?? is it possible that she might make a full recovery? and if so how long did it take? I know there is no exact answer but any help or stories of this would be greatful!

As we dont have an official illness there isnt even a support group I can go to :-(

The doctors at Great Ormand Street in London came up with "its a funny virus thats attacked the brain" !
HelenT6781 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote