View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 12:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default abreactions to neurofeedback

Hi All, I am weighing in in this whole matter because I underwent two of the week long "intensives" offered by Brain State Technologies, and besides the fact that I was never informed of the potential risks involved, the practitioners (who are required to take a mere three week course in order to purchase equipment and lease software aka set up a NF practice), did not stop, slow down, or adjust protocols to my very serious complaints during the process. I would avoid any and all dealings with Brain State Technologies, as they turned out to be the most irresponsible, unethical, and simply dangerous bunch of self proclaimed experts, in a field they should have no business treating people in.

Not only did I begin to have an immediate escalation of anxiety and disorienting experiences, my entire central nervous system was taken for a disaterous and reckless ride through a nightmarish, uncontrolled crash test course. I was told that my experiences were only temporary and would resolve as sessions continued. The chief clinician was not available as he had decided to take that whole week off and attend a political rally !! To this day, some twenty months later, I have seen over a dozen experts in the mental health and neuroscience field, and have had no abatement of PTSD like symptoms, to the tune of over $35,000. My life has been so disrupted that I have been forced to stop working, I am now on medications that barely address the dysfunction, and applying for Social Security Disability.

Basically I approached BST to try to get help with a life long (managable but pesky) case of social anxiety. I was a fully functional human being, ran my own business, raised a family etc. BST made far over reaching claims to treat and cure such issues. I now experience constant anxiety and near panic, insomnia, dissociation, depression and to top it all off BST flatly denied any culpability, dismissed me and refused to extend any form of help in ameliorating my abreactions. I am currently in touch with senior members of the ISNR (international society of neurofeedback and research), and have found very kind and supportive help from them.

Yes I could say that I was naive, and that I should have done more research, that I should have chosen a NF practice with clinicians who had degrees in psychology and or neuroscience, but I chose to trust a slick website and promotional package. What a mistake of a lifetime this has become. BST will not even release records of my treatment proceedures claiming that they are not bound by HIPAA laws. I have filed formal complaints with the FDA, and Dept of Health, as well as Attorney General's offices in two states.

This total CNS dysregulation can be directly traced back to the negligence and misapplication of NF protocols, performed by Brain State Technologies affiliates, operating in an exalted state of overconfidence in their holy grail of a product. Lee Gerdes should be ashamed and publicly reprimanded for the proliferation of countless rogue neurotherapy offices and the pathetic lack of aftercare offered to paying, trusting clients like myself.

Any others similarly harmed are welcome to contact me. Thank you, manincar.
manincar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ada02 (02-04-2015)