Old 06-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Allan,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblebeach2 View Post
I did have an MRI of the lumbar spine. And NO they weren't able to diagnose anything because of the obstruction from the rods.

It's strange though that I had a cervical MRI and have rods there too. But in the cervical area they were able to get a reading.

So for some uknown reason they COULD NOT get a diagnosis. My question was knowing that I did have stenoiss now that they cant get a reading has the stenosis spread and if so is that causing a problem> And who knows without the reading if anything can or cant be done. Thats what bothers me.

Maybe I should give up the idea of knowing, but theres still that part of me that wants an answer.

As mentioned previously, along with the fusion, I had narrowing of the spinal cord and had some of the laminia removed to allow more space for the spinal cord so it wouldn't be compressed more than it already was. Of course, they only did the area that was the worst; but that also was the cause for much of the pain. Stenosis, depending how bad it is....can be quite painful. In some cases, opening up additonal space can be beneficial. But like all surgeries, there is always risks involved.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote