View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 08:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holles View Post
Sheri TOS - what did they find in surgery?

Thank you all for your input. This p/t has had a TOS patient before that did end up in surgery. As far as I can tell, she's doing things right but everything seems to inflame the area even more, even the stretches.

I'm betting many people on this board, like me, had the symptoms for a long time before getting an actual diagnosis. Can't tell you how many doctors, ortho, neurologists & internists said nothing was wrong with me.
They found a large bone growth on top of the rib. No wonder I was in tears after PT when they were trying to mobilize the rib . . .

I think PT and conservative treatment can work if started early and done correctly. It also depends on the underlying reason why TOS developed in the 1st place. The problem is TOS isn't usually recognized right away.

The first time, my primary physician suspected it around 9 months post injury. This time around (other side), TOS was suspected 2 or 3 months post injury by my orthopedic doctor. He participated in a few TOS surgeries during residency so he was aware of the condition. It seems to all depend on what doctors you see.
Sheri_TOS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote